Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Small!

*Small Loves:

-Amaretto Coffee Creamer

-A husband who wakes up 10 minutes earlier so he can get dressed and then come back to bed to cuddle and talk to me without interruption.

-A good sing a long song. Bonus points if it's about beer or farmer's daughters. Cows milk more when you sing to them. At least I think so.

-Being caught up on laundry for once.

-Sateen sheets. Not quite wrinkly cotton. Not too slippery satin. Just right. Especially when clean.

-Twin neice and nephew who at almost 2 know the joy in licking mixer beaters.

-Ranger rides. Call me Ken Schrader. My country block is a NASCAR track come 8pm. At least when it's my turn to drive. When it's The Husband's, we're on a crop tour Sunday driver style.

*Small Dislikes:

-So much for sale priced coffee beans. Tar in a cup to greet me every morning. One more week and they should be gone.

-My healthy, ambitious, amazing, looks half her age mother-in-law needs 12 weeks of chemo. She'll come through just fine, no doubt, but it's hard to watch in the meantime.

-Our ceiling vents came with no screws. We improvised by using black screws. It's obvious. Must find paint.

-Tuna fish. Can't get past the smell.

-Mayo, Miracle Whip or anything of the sort. It's a texture thing.

-Tuna salad. (Refer to previous if necessary).

-Nice beautiful, sunny 80 degree days ruined by 90% humidity. Refer to Midwest in July.


What little things bring a smile to your face? I'm off to find smiles in my barn. Enjoy your day!


3 comments:

  1. Hmm, Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream brings a smile to my face. Also, watching the pups wrestle and fall weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watching my 9 month old smile amist the chemo drugs that are being pumped through his little body. Watching my husband and my son have bonding moments not knowing if we "can beat this thing" or not. Curling up in bed next to the only one for me, my hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like: Otter pops. Obsession is taking hold.
    Also:
    - good neighbours
    - a full tank of gas in the car and not breaking $40 to get it that way
    - an ice cold glass of sauvignon blanc. Though, since I'm in AZ, anything icy cold gets a thumbs up (see otter pops)
    - 5pm on a Friday - blissful anticipation of the weekend spent with my sweetheart

    ReplyDelete