Friday, January 8, 2010

Left on the Gravel

The phrase, "Left on the Gravel" appears in the directions to my house 3 times. 4 if you take the long way around. I live way out in the sticks after all, and 3.5 years later I still love every minute of it, so long as you erase 2009 from the clock of life.

Anyone who read my previous blog or knows us, knows 2009 brought us many challenges. David and I were a little bit right of where we wanted to be, a whole lot left of sideways and apparently dead center of where God thought we should be.

2009 left us wondering, left us looking for answers and left us to pick up the pieces. It's been said we had to experience 2009 to strengthen our marriage and prove just what we were made of. All of which is probably true and deep down I believe it. At the same time however, I could list a hundred other things I would have rather done to strengthen my marriage. Hell, give us a bottle of wine and a game of Scrabble, and we'll prove the strength of our marriage on any Sunday afternoon.

All of that said, life moves on and we have to go with it before we're left behind. Four left turns make a right and here's HOPING 2010 finally has us back where we need to be, reveling in the small moments, celebrating the joy, working hard and the "just being us" that comes with and can only be found "Left on the Gravel."

So welcome to my life at "Left on the Gravel."

What I choose to write about is any one's guess. Blame it on a 2009 that left us believing you can't always have rhyme or reason. It's random that makes the world go 'round. Blame it on my constantly spinning mind. Blame it on a job that keeps me on my toes and provides great writing material. I just prefer to blame it on too much coffee.

2 comments:

  1. Love ur blog girl! Underthebridge09 (fellow DNR nestie)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so overjoyed that you have begun writing again. I followed your last blog and have been holding out hope for your bright future. You are an extremely inspirational person and you have touched my life as well as many of my friends even though none of us know you. I wish only the best for you and your husband! Glad to see your thoughts in print again!

    ReplyDelete